Monday, March 18, 2019

Little moments


I had a pretty busy weekend- wanted to try and share a couple of things about it- although I'm kinda thinking they might be "you had to be there" moments

We tried our once a month thing of getting our family together- didn't work out exactly that way- we ended up having two separate lunches -

The first one- I see my son and his family pull up in the parking lot -- the 7 of them are standing outside their car- I walk over saying something like"hey you guys look just like my family "- crickets--- I then- having the song that was just playing as we drove up in my head--- shout "Hey it's Julio down by the school yard"-- I then say a thing that sorry - is unique to our family-- "Nanny' s been in the Manischewitz again"-- not really mind you --

Then I hold my hand like a mic- tapping it -- "hello hello is this thing on"
And there it is -- my oldest grandson cannot contain his slight amusement-- he reaches out to me-- "hi Nanny "- now that's all I wanted!

Fast forward to the next day's lunch-- other part of the fam-- and finally meeting granddaughter's sweet boyfriend-- and celebrating the other granddaughter's birthday

I tell them that after lunch I would really appreciate it if they could jump around while we got pictures-- they immediately want to know why-- finally suspecting I want it for the next Christmas video-- I say nothing

Oh and if you are wondering if the other family lunch had had that particular request-- well yes-- again crickets

Well of course it possibly could be for some sort of video

I'm thinking of making a contest of it- $50- to the one that guesses the song the jumping thing is about-- hey they are nothing if not competitive

5 comments:

  1. So sweet reading about your get togethers with your family. We all have our uniqueness with sayings and activities within our families and that's what makes each of our families special in their own way. The fact that you make the time to get together is a good thing I think Go for it with the contest; I'm thinking it could be a fun thing to do!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping- but I still need the jumping pictures! Thanks Betty😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. This get together should be continued, absolutely! Having the videos makes this all so much more special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We started this monthly thing a couple of years ago- at the very least it gives me more pics to put in our Christmas video 😁

    ReplyDelete