Thursday, November 21, 2013

hmmmmm what did i tell ya

well well what do you know---you say those ornaments could not be in that bedroom closet, dillon----

enters frank---who by the way had insisted he had placed said ornaments in the attic----still he gets the credit----yes, you have solved the mystery with me---there they were in the bedroom closet--

dillon was not amused at my gentle lecture----the one about, what did we learn from this----he still protests---i encourage-----no no dillon, if you glean something from the experience, then it was all worth it---he frowns----

i tell him, clearly the lesson is to always defer to his "mil" as i surely know best----he submits--on the outside--

you see, dillon is being broken in, relentlessly---i explain---this family does not let anything go---now wait---

it is all in good fun---i mean even if you mispronounce a word---no good proctor would dare pass up an opportunity to call you on it and laugh at you, like a hyena----too much you say----

it is our way of showing you are loved, you are one of us----we have you now and we will not let you go---

funny thing is--no one in the proctor family is really a good sport---except me----really it is true---and that is most likely because i have no proctor  blood---and the fact that my weaver family was nothing if they were not masters of the practical joke and devilishly torturing humor----

i mean to this day, i cannot walk down stairs in front of anyone---i might elaborate on another blog about my seriously demented childhood---haha just kidding--kinda

oh and you all might be happy to know, i am in the Christmas spirit today----no promises about tomorrow or thanksgiving day---all i can say for sure, is that i won't be sending frank to the great american buffet this year, as they have closed down---now that is a story worth blogging about----another day

32 comments:

  1. Yay! I am glad you found them! I tore my house apart looking for holiday gifts I KNEW I bought in the spring. Where were they? The closet! I think a good rule of thumb from here on out should always be Check the Closet First!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true and maybe it should have been me that checked it first, huh theresa ;)

      Delete
  2. I always find my holiday gifts around Easter of the next year. Still do not know where the kids Christmas socks are, but I did find the tree skirt. Not the one I was looking for, but a skirt nevertheless. Maybe Frank would have some idea where I lost my glasses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha--i wouldn't count on frank---he really shouldn't have gotten the credit--he just looked in the closet because we couldn't convince dillon to look again ;)

      Delete
  3. Keep a Christmas notebook. I did that for a few years when I lived in a larger house. e.g., Note to self. . . but you must put that notebook WHERE you can find it. I label my boxes really well too. I hate losing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great idea d.g.---but haha yeah i must not lose the notebook! ;)

      Delete
  4. Now you've got me terribly curious about those stairs. My family was a little stale when it comes to practical jokes. My brothers thought it would be funny to string fishing wire across the stairs and then ask me to come join them.

    Brothers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha oh wow---mine didn't think of that---it was just more like pinching me ;)

      Delete
  5. I'm with Crystal about the stairs! Please tell!
    I grew up with pranksters, and married into a family with an awesome sense of humor, too, so jokes are abundant here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was basically any time they could pinch me they would--hence i really didn't enjoy them being behind me on the stairs---so glad you understand jackie :)

      Delete
  6. Yay! I'm glad you found them. :)

    There aren't really any pranksters in my family, but my husband is the king of bad puns. We laugh a lot (when we're not groaning!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i have a "bil" and a good friend that have the same problem as your hubby, dana ;)

      Delete
  7. You're having too much fun, including with us. Will stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have enough Christmas spirit for both of us, I'm sorely lacking, as usual. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww like i said ms. a---not saying how i will feel tomorrow--but hey that's how life is ----i hope you will get a Christmas miracle and a huge amount of Christmas spirit---you deserve it!!<3

      Delete
  9. Keeping a notebook is a great idea! It answers all the questions about "where did I put...."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a super idea--hope i remember to do it susan ;)

      Delete
  10. Our family has no pranksters but you will always go away from one of our family functions with a side ache from laughing so hard..we have fined turned the art of sarcasm down to perfection and feed off of each other. Sounds like your family always has a great time.
    Glad you found the ornaments! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh they are big on sarcasm as well---sounds like our families would get along well, sherri :)

      Delete
  11. Families are tough on each other but they're usually there for each other. My boys pick on each other so much sometimes it isn't funny. They never pick on their mother though. They like being permitted in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i should have thought of that tactic a long time ago, good one susan ;)

      Delete
  12. Not into the holiday spirit. Maybe it will show up some day soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i hope it does ruth--mine has come and gone several times already!

      Delete
  13. You have to have a sense of humor in this life, it's a sad day if you can't laugh.
    Talking of finding stuff, when I became a widower I got rid of so much stuff I was almost a minimalist. Trouble is it hasn't lasted and I'm a gatherer (oh that might come in handy one day!). I know I've got it, but where is it ?
    Have a nice day Lynn, I'll be in your time zone on Monday night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you surely do have to have a great sense of humor in this life! hey nothing wrong with a minimalist!!! hope your trip is awesome!!

      Delete
  14. Lynn I lose Christmas ornaments every single year!! Without fail. I reckon I need to be more organized when packing the up after taking them down :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know what you mean---there was the "one" year i actually labeled every box!!

      Delete
  15. I do this with presents I buy ahead, then cannot find where I put them -- so sad. But I am getting into the Christmas spirit too. I just wish the stores would not start so early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, don't you hate that--to find something after Christmas has come and gone---but you know for me i am glad the stores start early--that's when i am most i the spirit ;)

      Delete
  16. My family lets NOTHING go. I am forever reminded of the day I ordered a McFluffy at the McDonald's drive through, and when I asked what the "big box" was on the baseball field. Hey... in my defense the dug out does not look the same at the field as it does on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah your family sounds a lot like mine, juli :)

      Delete