Wednesday, July 1, 2020

space



If you have followed my blog for some time you may recall my post about how I go through the mundane chores such as dishes and laundry—- pairing families of utensils and noting articles of clothing as to their owner

Lately I noticed my assembly of folded laundry had an extra spot for some of Miller’s undershirts— it used to be occupied by Frank’s tshirts- briefs and socks


On June 3rd frank died in the hospital on a ventilator of Covid 19

I realized I just buried the lead on this story

And the irony of my burying the earthly lead in my life does not escape me

I hope my words don’t appear flip or cold- but my senses have been shocked as my world

I still have a very difficult time even believing this has happened

So t thought that just perhaps sharing this with my blogging world might just jar my mind into this horrid reality I find myself in

I miss him so terribly and look for him everywhere- he’ll always be my great love and best friend

So much has changed and will continue to change my entire being

What I would give to not have that extra laundry folding area

13 comments:

  1. But you pick yourself up and go on because you know he would want you to. But you are not alone. You have family and friends around you. Lean on us. Let us help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your family. So heartbreaking to here!! Saying prayers for you and your family during your time of intense raw grief and beyond.

    hugs to you

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you strength, Lynn, very sorry to read this xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss. Grief is a lonely journey. You're wise to put it paper whether you publish it or not. I lost my brother on March 2nd of this year. He was my best friend. There is an oddness to going through his things. I attend to urgent mail. Then I get up and start cleaning on his house. He, nor I were great housekeepers.

    Take care of yourself. I'm so sorry for your loss. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you- I am sorry for your loss too❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry Lynn. The boys have been having a delayed grieving from the loss of their father 8 years ago, and the husband, after seeing his childhood home flipped and sold, a delayed grief from the loss of his mother 5 years ago. I can only imagine how raw this must be for you.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much- I’m sorry for their triggered grief- sending hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog popped up in my feeder and I scrolled back to see your news. I am so very sorry for your tremendous loss. Please know I'm thinking of you and will be praying for peace and comfort as you grieve. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just happened to come upon your blog today. I just want to say that I'm so very sorry for this great loss in your life. Praying for comfort during this heartbreaking time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to look back to see if you'd lost your husband, too. I don't remember what struck me in your post, or a comment, but I knew the emotion. This is the hardest thing ever. Grief keeps coming to the fore just when you think you are good. I am so sorry you must experience this kind of grief. Know that I know.

    ReplyDelete