Monday, February 18, 2019

We wonder


I can't help thinking about the poor workers that lost their lives Friday in the workplace shooting

I think about them-- ready to leave work-- possibly for a long weekend

Maybe big plans- maybe just some time off -- time to spend with family- perhaps some shopping or just some binge watching of their favorite tv show

We all know death will come-- we all know it's a part of life-- a part we don't prefer to think about too often--

I offer no special insights today on death or any philosophy on life

Only a disconnect of emotions- of wondering as a Christian about what seems sometimes like randomness and disorder

About my prayers for my loved ones sorrows to be small-- and does my small as a mustard seed faith depend on my unwavering faith-- or as I believe God gives personal faith-- the amount we happen to have at any given moment

I know somewhere in my heart it's useless to ponder and ultimately detrimental to our existence to live with one eye open -- waiting to receive that horrible call

That senseless message that our lives here have been forever altered- forever scarred

Only His healing touch can reach such pain

4 comments:

  1. Only His love can heal and sooth those families. A good touching post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe this -- hope you're doing well 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true only His healing touch can reach such pain. I really don't know how people who don't have a faith in Jesus "survive" when tragedies strike them. Its only the hope of Him that has gotten me through some really tough times.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true for me too Betty- only by the grace of God 💙

    ReplyDelete