Friday, January 18, 2019

Write what you know?



I just ate my fluffy waffles-- I know I probably shouldn't eat them but I did drastically cut down on the butter or actually margarine

This stupid diabetes 2 is breaking my spirit a bit- seems I'm putting on a few pounds- now mind you I was eating pretty much whatever I wanted before I went back on diabetes meds - and was continuing to lose weight

I hear you - I'm not dumb i realize the untreated illness was eating away my body- believe me I understand diet- diabetes and nutrition-- oh I guess that does make me dumb

I'm trying- I really am- and I do feel better in some ways -- my sincere hope is to at least get off insulin- just take pills

I am dreading with a passion my next Dr appt- honestly I didn't particularly like him but I will try to deal with him for the moment- gee I hope he doesn't read my blog

I am convinced that the meds are making me gain weight - although I have heard that is not true- the insulin definitely makes you hungrier- I hear about a few other diabetes meds that offer the vague promise of weight loss but the side effects are way too scary for me

Oh and yes this blog was about diabetes and my attempt at this writing thing again after my 3 year absence-- not the best material-- but hey- I do believe in that writing what you know thing --

Just wish this part of my life I had never made it's acquaintance-


2 comments:

  1. The sad thing about diabetes is what it can do to other parts of your body like your kidneys, nerves, etc., but I'm sure your doctor has already educated you about that. Not that I'm an expert, because I'm certainly not a doctor, but I would think eating something healthy every 2-3 hours would be good at keeping your blood sugars from fluctuating too much and helping you not to feel hungry. Something with protein as that seems to keep me (at least) feeling less hungry than if I eat carbs. I think exercising is supposed to also be good for people with diabetes. Perhaps that can help you control it and get off the insulin?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I didn't see this before-- I like my Dr better now and my numbers are much better! Thanks Betty 😊

      Delete