Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Quest

 I looked up this word- although I was certain I understood it’s meaning 

But as I read into it more- I realized it was not exactly the word I thought 

And I wondered had I truly ever had a quest- it’s hard to say

Maybe there were glimpses of one or two along the years or kinda were similar 

I always sorta looked at this word being synonymous with a dream but I’m not sure that’s accurate 

A quest consumes your life and being- it is almost compared to one’s destiny 

Does everyone have a quest they were created for but most don’t recognize it or refuse it

I’m guessing if your life is about a quest- then you have no time for anything else- 

Very few are willing to sacrifice earthly comfort for a quest

Are all quests worth it - isn’t it true that a quest could possibly be a definite misdirection 

But the weight- the honor of some quests- what sets another apart for such devotion 

And what allows the individual to endure the quest 



4 comments:

  1. Quest is search...we all r in quest of something better alwyas i suppose


    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking a lot of people don't really know the meaning of the word quest. You hear some say "I'm on the quest for the best taco" or whatever. Certainly doesn't seem like a good way to use one's life or quest for it.

    betty

    ReplyDelete