Monday, April 12, 2021

Jumping stick

 I’m not an athletic person- excelling only at tennis and volleyball- oh and square dancing!!

Actually I hated participating in most sports and most surely despised gym class!!

So it’s kinda amazing how good I was at the jumping stick- better known as the pogo stick! I used jumping stick - so I could manipulate it into today’s J letter

We just sold my childhood home- I shared with you how my father passed away a little over a year now 

As I made numerous trips to the empty house to go through years of stuff and memories- I couldn’t help but remember my jumping on that pogo stick with reckless abandon 

On my many trips to my childhood home since my daddy died- I would enter through the front door - going down the long narrow sidewalk- cracked now and moss stained 

How many times I had bobbed along the cemented walkway- balancing perfectly-only stopping if I was tired- never falling off

I recall daydreaming and letting my mind race with plans for the next day or a great new idea that would come to me as I intensely jumped for the pure joy of it

I hope the new occupants have a young girl or boy- and I hope they try and repair the old walkway- so they too can jump along it or perhaps just sit on it and dream 

3 comments:

  1. I thought I left a comment this morning, but I was at work with slow Internet so it must not have took. I didn't have a pogo stick but had skates. I remember fondly skating back and forth on the sidewalk in front of our house for hours, daydreaming or not thinking of anything at all. Fun times!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I’m glad I didn’t find that stick in my parents things- I might have been tempted to give it a try- which probably wouldn’t have ended well!😍

    ReplyDelete