Monday, April 1, 2024

Apathy

#AtoZChallenge 2024

 Always reminds me of the old joke- what does apathy mean?- reply- I don’t know and I don’t care!

Or something like that

Sometimes I wish I could be apathetic- or maybe numb- 

Seems like a good thing in a way- it’s better than feeling stifled by connection to a person or situation- like a form of sudden grief- about anything or anyone- no real environment of close proximity or relation

Yes  apathy is bad - right- but also calm and peaceful- and an emotional protection against the pangs of life’s despair and ruin

So I seldom achieve apathy- and rarely admit to coveting it

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn, your last line hits hard. Seen as a bad thing by many, I think it can take the edge off by removing emotions from the grieving process. Lately, not feeling is a form of protection I have come to embrace.
    On to B... happy blogging, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apathy. Hmm. That is somewhat the opposite of what I wrote about. My word was Adventure. I'm in an adventure seeking mode. My husband passed in October, and I watched his "apathy" with FTD for the past few years. I did wonder how it would be to be in that constant state of apathy, as he was. I think instead of seeking apathy, it would be nice to be able to get above it. It's so numbing, you can't feel the good either. I haven't been on blogs for a while. Mostly posting to FB as it seemed quicker. I was caretaking 24/7 for 3-5 years. There were some days I think I achieved apathy to survive the moment! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once the feelings return as apathy subsides, it's almost worse than it would have been if one had just dealt with everything as it was happening. Believe me.

    Ronel visiting for A: My Languishing TBR: A
    Abominable Wraiths

    ReplyDelete