Friday, April 19, 2024

Quickly

#AtoZChallenge 2024

 In light of my being a long term planner- it might be paradoxical that I am a person that wants things done yesterday-

I tend to say in my head- let’s be quick about whatever- let’s make a decision- no room for stragglers or wishywashy people around here-

Like I’ve shared- if on time I’m late-

Let’s organize this- let’s get things moving-

But actually on second thought the lists and planning could go hand in hand with quickly- like after one thing- it’s onto planning another-

I think my mother gave me this trait- certainly not my dad- he was still in the house while we were all in the car - waiting to go to church- mom was blowing the car horn!

Yet if anyone of us kids were nearing our curfew- he would be pacing the floor- biting his fingernails- until we were safely home

I am trying to be more aware of quickly- like what’s the rush- 

If it’s something bad- it will still be coming- and if it’s something not bad- then maybe we have something to still look forward to-



4 comments:

  1. I'm the same especially with unpleasant tasks, which most people tend to procrastinate. My approach is to just get it over and done with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know/ me too- I want to get the bad stuff done too- for me it’s worse having to dread it!

      Delete
  2. Just the title! Lol! When Tim and I were first married, I was a teacher. ONE time (and one time only!) I asked him to do something...and added, in my teacher persona, "quickly" to it. We both burst out laughing! Neither of us believed I'd said that...like he was a first grader getting in line...

    ReplyDelete