Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Tomorrow never comes

#AtoZChallenge 2024

 I settled on a musing today about tomorrow- hopefully not a sad one- but a mysterious one for sure 

We all get- “we make our plans and God laughs” 

I don’t really see God laughing but maybe feeling a little sorry for us- perhaps-

You gotta admit- we humans are made pretty wonderfully- still believing in a future- one that is not known to us here and not promised-

We hold onto hope and joy and accept the uncertainties of our mostly brief journey here- 

It’s rather admirable I think- and it makes me believe in a higher power all the more-

I’ve written before about the tomorrow being the ahead of us and so on- how tomorrow is past present and future- and admittedly- at times it’s simply terrifying- and yet there it sits - just waiting for us- waiting to be a fond memory- or just as easily an unfulfilled desire- or a demon we didn’t have to deal with-

In the end- all our tomorrows could be one long today-




2 comments:

  1. I really try to live in the present because I can too easily ignore it while obsessing over yesterday and tomorrow. And you're right, tomorrow never comes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I’m learning to live in the moment a bit more these days too!

      Delete