Monday, April 20, 2020

Quotes


I don’t typically do blogs like this one but I thought it might be kinda fun

Everyone has their favorite lines from movies that they love to quote- I know my family sure does!

But for today I’m gonna stick with song lines!

Some of our choices

1. There ain’t no future in the past
2. You can’t even run your own life I’ll be damned if you’ll run mine
3. Freedom’s just another word for nothing left to lose
4. And all your money won’t another minute buy
5. You gotta know when to hold em know when to fold em
6. Bet ya my golly wow
7. If I could save time in a bottle
8. You know it don’t come easy
9. Girls just wanna have fun
10. Who let the dogs out

I hope you recognize the songs these are taken from

What sticks with each of us is often something that resonates or maybe just a catchy turn of words and rhythms

Often with me it’s the pure message or the energy behind the stanza or line

In our families we all have people we quote and things we repeat through the generations -
The meanings only of interest or reference to that particular family

But songs and movies- history - the Bible- pop culture
Some stay- some fall by the fashion of time

What are some of your favorite quotes
And do you think one day anyone will be quoting you!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think anyone will be quoting me one day, LOL, unless it will be a family member saying one of my unique things I say. I do hear my mom's voice in my head at times with unique advice she gave, like don't go out with your hair wet or you'll catch a cold among other things. I did recognize a few of the songs you listed above.

    Have a lot of great scriptures I like to quote.

    I think my favorite non scripture quote is this one "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result." (I think that is how it goes).

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that’s a great one!!
      I hear my mom lots!! And I hear my mom coming out of my mouth even more!!

      Delete