Thursday, April 23, 2020

Teachable moments


With school being out - I know a lot of parents are worried about many aspects of their children’s life

They all mostly miss school- their teachers- their friends
Their routines- the parents’ freedom haha

I worry my grandkids won’t want to go back to school-
I also worry their goals won’t stay the same- but I know that doesn’t have to be a bad thing

I kinda worry for the school system- for some they have discovered learning at home is working for their family
And even the schools and universities just might realize they could be effective online

It is surely a time to teach new subjects and new ways to teach old ones

I’m sure lots of parents are getting a crash refresher course in many subjects
Which could lead them to a new occupation or interest

Our “regular” teachers are sure finding new and exciting ways to communicate and keep up with their students— I bet so many kids are only now realizing how much most teachers care about them

We can learn from anything and everything- and as we do let’s share the information like never before

2 comments:

  1. My step granddaughter is doing good about keeping up with the online classes and virtual learning. She's a freshman in high school. The high school provided computers to all the kids who needed one to get the learning done. I did read a news article about how parents are concerned about the education being done in the state now during this crisis. The article said each school district is handling this differently in the way learning is being done. A teacher interviewed said that attendance is sporadic and low on some days versus other days. A parent who had a child with ADHD said how hard it was for the child to learn virtually especially math. Its certainly a dilemma I am sure is faced through all school districts with how to handle learning. I don't think this will be an increase in homeschooling afterwards but maybe more of a respect for what teachers do and perhaps may result in higher pay for them down in the future (one could hope, right?)

    betty

    ReplyDelete