Friday, April 9, 2021

Handle on things

 Yes I’m coping better each day it seems 

I have the dreaded DMV appointment behind me 

I have my plumbing super issue taken care of- thanks to the awesome generosity of two sweet families I know!

There have been many kindnesses- too many to count- yes I have definitely been blessed with support and care

I knew Frank did a lot but I never quite realized just how much- the depth that I depended on him- and yes there are things I would suggest to others to be sure and do differently but mostly I don’t regret how much I relied on Frank 

He was my best friend- we both were never happier or  more content than when we had time together- honestly we were rarely social with others- mainly because our alone time was scarce 

I’ve adjusted to spending my mornings without him and me having a cup of coffee together- praying together and watching some of the days news-I even miss Frank speaking loudly back at the tv about the absurdities he disagreed with!

I’m handling new things and feelings every day- some in stride- most in kinda a terror—but with God I’m doing it

My kids are a great encouragement of course- and I really want to be there for them also 

So all in all I’m thankful and maybe on a good day- hopeful 

I’m even getting a handle on the toilet handle- just how to jiggle it to make it stop running- but occasionally I have to admit to having to take the back off the tank and handle it that way— still progress 

4 comments:

  1. Another blog I use to follow her husband was a few years older than her so he made her learn a whole bunch of things in preparation if he passed before her. Wise I believe. I need to learn to pump gas otherwise I think I am pretty self sufficient.

    It must be hard to do the routines you used to do together by yourself these days.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I’m still getting Robyn to pump the gas!!🤣

      Delete
  2. A good plumber is a wonderful thing no matter how good your toilet handle jiggling is.

    You sound like you had a good marriage. Neither of you knew where one began and the other stopped. It is a wonderful thing you had. Even better than a dependable plumber. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we honestly did have a good marriage- I find myself romanizing it so much these days- thank you ❤️

    ReplyDelete