Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Xylophone

 I know this is a go to word for letter X but bear with me for a moment- I plan to tie it into something 

The Lawrence Welk Show was one of my parents favorite shows- I tolerated it

Then fast forward to my youngest daughter and child- well  somehow or another she stumbled on to reruns of this musical show when she was just a small child- she adored it!!! Still airing on Saturday nights 

She especially loved the huge xylophone and the deep round sounds that came from it- she wondered why her own smaller version did not produce those gorgeous tones 

Fast forward a few more years and you will find her child- loving it just as much - even attempting to keep up on his own xylophone as he enjoys the show

I know it’s kinda strange and I still can’t say I appreciate it like they do but I watch with them 

Fast forward to the first Saturday night we went to watch the Lawrence Welk show after Frank died- only to realize we had missed it

Robyn went to look it up and we found that Miller’s PopPop had recorded it for him



6 comments:

  1. Oh, another sweet one to read. A wonderful parting gift so to speak. Its neat that a show made years ago can still bring entertainment to new generations. I too never really cared for it, but I think seeing it through the eyes of those I love, I might develop a taste for it.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that’s exactly how I feel too Betty 😍

      Delete
  2. Love the progression of your story about your family's appreciation of this underappreciated instrument. The xylophone was one of the few musical instruments I was familiar with as a young child living in the country, so it holds a special place in my heart as a pleasant memory.
    https://gail-baugniet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen the show. But I like how you wrote this post. Made it really personal.

    I love letter X posts! Always such variety.
    It's hard to believe the blogging challenge is almost over for 2021. Then the after survey, reflections, and the road trip sign-up.
    Plus, I'm taking part in the Bout of Books read-a-thon in May. So much excitement!
    J Lenni Dorner~ Co-host of the #AtoZchallenge, OperationAwesome6 Debut Author Interviewer, Reference& Speculative Fiction Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Sounds like there is a lot more az after party 😍

      Delete