Monday, April 26, 2021

Victory in Jesus

 Frank loved teaching his men’s Bible class on Sunday mornings- they used to meet in a side part of the church sanctuary but in recent years the class had moved to the educational building 

As most of the other Sunday school classes were near by- sounds of the class singing could easily be heard 

There would be several songs they would sing before class but there was this one song that was sung every week— “Victory in Jesus “

Frank could be heard way above the others but all sang it exuberantly 

It became like their mantra- even once our choir leader had them fill the choir loft and sing this rosing hymn

I never had paid much attention to this particular song but something about it had obviously spoken volumes to Frank 

I had our sweet friend and church pianist play a much quieter slower arrangement of this powerful hymn as Frank was carried out of his beloved church for the last time



6 comments:

  1. This was so sweet to read. I listened to the song. I don't think I have ever heard it before or its been a long time if I did hear it before. Which one is Frank?

    And just think, he has Victory in Jesus now!! That is so comforting to know even though I know you miss him so much. I bet his men's Bible study members miss him so much as well.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He’s barely visible- he’s behind the tall white haired man in the front!
      Frank took over the class from my dad - he taught for many many years and a few years ago they named the class for him❤️

      Delete
  2. What an amazing tribute to him. It's fantastic when we can find a song that speaks to our souls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorites, and my dad's too. We sang it at his funeral and I love how in spite of the circumstances around us, the song feels so joyful.

    ReplyDelete