Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Quiet times

 I’ve always appreciated quiet- and so far I haven’t been startled at the extra quiet time I have now

Frank and I talked a lot but also could sit quietly together- doing our own thing- barely acknowledging the other ones presence- which we enjoyed 

I like time to reflect and imagine but I’m sure once Robyn is married - then I will experience the real quiet- but I will be okay 

The old saying “silence is golden “ is known for a reason- it can refer to one knowing when to keep quiet- something I have had to work at

It’s like this tshirt I saw a couple of Christmases ago- I took a picture of it and sent it to my kids- it said “for Christmas this year I’m giving my opinion “- they thought it suited me well 

As I write now- the room is fairly quiet- just the hum of the washer and the rolling noise of Miller’s chair

That sound will be missed in my quiet times for sure

4 comments:

  1. It is nice to hear Robyn will be getting married. I am hopeful he is a great guy! I am sure you will miss Miller but I am also sure he will come to visit you and equally miss you. I love quiet times. And thrive with quietness. The nice thing about quiet is if it gets too quiet you can always make noise somehow with putting TV on etc.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is getting a great guy and he’s all about Miller too! Thanks Betty ❤️

      Delete
  2. Funny, I started a post yesterday about this exact same thing. Hubs has to have something on all the time. I prefer during the day, the sound of outside, the unexpectedness of life happening. White noise just ruins that.

    Hoping to finish up that post at some point today. Wedding planning can be crazy. I suspect you'll appreciate the quiet even more then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like a certain amount of quiet for sure! Thanks Juli 😍

      Delete