Thursday, April 15, 2021

Mornings


 Sometimes we writers over assume that our readers are more interested in our personal lives than the real truth 

But regardless as I am sorta struggling to write these days and confined somewhat by the letter of today- I’m just going to be self indulgent once more

My morning time is absolutely different now of course but nevertheless I have established a routine of sorts

I seem to be waking up rather early although thank the good Lord I don’t have problems sleeping 

I usually have 2 pieces of low carb toast- one with cream cheese- the other with peanut butter- this has replaced my fluffy waffles- which I do miss

I almost always have my instant coffee in my oversized Christmas coffee mug my brother-in-law and sister-in-law gave me a couple of Christmases ago

I like to turn on the local news and I mostly watch the today show- sometimes going between a few other stations  

Each morning I check my Facebook memories and share ones I think will be encouraging or uplifting- or funny or just a picture or quite a few

I’ve also started trying a new thing- where I sit silent for 5 minutes and let my mind go blank- waiting on God to speak to me

I usually wait until Miller is up to read my devotionals- he loves to hear me read

But as soon as he’s up he wants the “easy listening “ music channel- hey it’s a welcome change from the light classical station he once preferred 

If there’s time before Miller is awake- I may do my SongPop game or check through my memos - lists etc

Or I may start searching for a hopefully meaningful gift for whomever I need to remember that week

So if you are still reading - thanks for humoring  me this morning 






4 comments:

  1. I like your morning routine. We all have them don't we? How cute that Miller loves to hear you read the devotionals. Win win situation. He is getting read to and the Word of God is going into him. He must be 6 years old now??

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will be 6 in October! Yeah it is nice that he likes to share the devotions with me- 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mornings are my favorite time...if I don't get a lot done by 10AM, I know not much will happen that day

    beth
    https://bethlapinsatozblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am kinda like that — maybe by 11:30 though 🤣

      Delete