Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Cup of soup


#AtoZChallenge 2023

 I had Covid in late January- during that time and really weeks maybe a couple of years - my appetite has been weird- Robyn says I eat like a 5 year old!

It’s true - for a while I basically wanted waffles or peanut butter sandwiches or grilled cheese 

And soups- lots of brothy soups- no cream ones

But there is one soup I desired but kept away from- mainly because of the carbs- I’m not too concerned about the massive amounts of sodium 

Well during my worst days of Covid I started allowing myself a cup of those oodles of noodles kind of soups - already in a styrofoam cup just waiting for the microwave- which was perfect since our oven and stove top were not working!

Each day I looked forward to my kinda guilty pleasure- it was so delectable and soothing- I was always sorry when the contents of that sweet cup were empty 


But alas my love affair with cup o soup has come to an amicable end-it’s like sometimes you can’t get enough of something and then it just kinda turns your stomach-all I know is  the thrill is gone- who knows it might come back- but for now it’s just a memory of a comfort  for a time-




2 comments:

  1. When I had covid a little over a year ago, I wanted Campbell's bean soup, because that's what my mom always made for me. It never tasted better!

    ReplyDelete