Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Isolation

#AtoZChallenge 2023

The Covid catastrophe left many in isolation- unable to come and go as they please- even at times being able to be stopped and asked where you were going and why

My husband even having to display a letter in his car dashboard that explained why he was out- yes when it was convenient he was “essential”

So although I get it that people want to make the best of hard times- I find it personally offensive to hear or read about still the great times their family had during that forced slow down family time together 

We all speak from our unique perspective and experiences 

But for many isolation was not about the wonderful close times they had with their loved ones- no there was anguish in that isolation- suicide- job loss- hunger- no health care- no important life moments 

Isolation is in the eye of the beholder- drastically opposite from one individual to another 

So while I’m glad you didn’t lose a loved one to Covid- please don’t tell me you enjoyed your family’s isolation 

2 comments:

  1. I worked throughout the whole covid lockdown thing (and nobody every asked me to justify leaving the house) and I felt very resentful of people who suddenly had all this free time to cultivate new hobbies. I know however that it was very hard too for many people and it's important to remember that.

    ReplyDelete