Monday, April 10, 2023

Helpful

#AtoZChallenge 2023

 Lately I’ve been more conscious of my tongue- not that I’m too outspoken but just reacessing before I speak- is it kind is it necessary is it helpful 

Because really most people are not sitting there with baited breath waiting for your pearls of wisdom- and in case you don’t know it the average person you are talking to really just needs a good listener 

There are numerous ways to look at the word helpful- you may think you are being just that when it might be you are only projecting as they say- your take on any given experience you had concerning a similar situation-

But is it similar enough- I have realized that in many instances unless the trial or problem is extremely alike- we can’t completely be helpful 

It’s not that we shouldn’t try and give practical advice or encouraging tidbits

But sometimes we need to fight the urge to fix said dilemma and just say is there anything I can do to be helpful 



2 comments:

  1. This is very true. I tend to talk before pausing to consider. Except when I can't think of the word I want and then they figure dementia has kicked in.

    https://findingeliza.com/

    ReplyDelete