Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Dreams

#AtoZChallenge 2023
 Do you ever have dreams where say for instance- a bunch of mess is all on your rug or floor but in your lucid dream you realize- hey this isn’t real - I don’t have to clean that up!

Well I’ve started to test that out in actual reality- when things get overwhelming or just hard- I try and exact that feeling in those dreams- it’s not that you don’t have to deal with things but it’s like a pause- sorta saying- hey I don’t have to solve this now or sometimes even recognize the problem for a time- not sure I’m explaining this too well

Dreams are so emotional- for me- even tragedies seem worse in dreams- I guess partly because in life we have so many other things to deal with and distractions- but in our dreams it’s all encompassing- like the whole world ceases to exist- only what you are going through 

So when I dream those dreams where I suddenly realize in the dream that I don’t have to clean any messes up or take care of some obstacle - it’s refreshing and encouraging 

As I tried to articulate earlier about practicing this feeling in reality- I do believe I’m on to something- 



4 comments:

  1. Hi, Lynn! How nice to visit with you again in another challenge! I liked your take on dreams as a "pause" from reality! The whole subject matter is fascinating! (And Jim Croce? Heartthrob!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much- and yes long time fan of Jim’s ❤️

      Delete
  2. I used to have a recurring theme in dreams that I had to go to the bathroom and the toilet was right in the middle of a room full of people, and even though none of the people seemed in the least concerned about a toilet in the middle of the room, I just couldn't let myself go. I think I'd rather dream about messes I didn't have to clean up! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m going to play dream interpreter - I can’t resist- I think the toilet is somewhere you wouldn’t feel comfortable going so you won’t wet yourself- since you probably need to go!

      Delete