Saturday, April 8, 2023

Golden girls

#AtoZChallenge 2023

 Now truthfully I was never a big fan of the tv show- the golden girls-

And I don’t like being reminded that those old ladies were younger than I am now!

I don’t know which one I would be- probably a mixture of Rose and Blanche


But I could never wear all those dresses- so I would dress more like Dorothy 

I would also need a larger table in the kitchen if we were all gonna be sitting around it all the time

They actually did look pretty good then and truth be told they all looked better than most women my age when they died 

I remember that Dorothy’s mother was not far from her age- I’m hoping I don’t look that old

I saw the funniest clip from their show the other day- I’ve tried to find it again but haven’t been able to- so I’ll try to sum it up

This time it’s just Dorothy and Rose sitting at the kitchen table

Dorothy is relating to Rose how she was hanging out with some younger woman at work that day and how she felt a part of them not old- then she tells Rose- then I get to my car and there’s this old lady in my car mirror and I’m wondering who she is- there’s a long pause and Rose looks puzzled and asked- well who was it Dorothy 



2 comments:

  1. I can relate to Rose. Many years ago, I looked at my hair brush. It was full of white hair. I thought, who has been using my brush and the realization it was me was a jolt. In my mind I have dark hair. Mind you, I am premature gray. But the age is catching up to the hair color. Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too turned gray very young- I can relate to Dorothy and poor Rose🥰

      Delete