Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Daydreams

 I started daydreaming about the word- and how it is in the day dreams - and unlike our nighttime ones - we are awake 

I also keep coming back to the things I daydream about the most and I always come back to episodes or times in my early childhood 

It got me to realizing with more amazement how our young experiences and nurture shape us so deeply and permanently 

Now I think people can overcome bad feelings or not the most optimal upbringing- in general- but I am curious why such ordinary places and occurrences hold such pivotal spots in our dreams memories and daydreams

Of course I daydream about current things and future hopes- but it’s not like the essence of those indelible scenes from our childhoods

So as I write this letter’s blog post- I ask myself why there are not a litany of those fond days - why for me there are the same old few- as far as I can recall I had a wonderful childhood 

I believe that on those days- there must have been something else that made it embed so deeply- I’m guessing it was events I could not understand- so the parts I could decipher were the ones that stuck


8 comments:

  1. Or maybe there was something about that event that made you feel so special.
    A beautiful reflection Lynn.
    Discovery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lynn! I've wondered the very same thing! What makes one day or event stick and not the tons of others? And why can some remember LOTS of things from their childhood and others very little or nothing? I remember a fair amount from school, but know others who have no recollection of school. My son has little memory of school days and my brother remembers soooo many things from a very early age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna! I know it’s strange- my husband had a great short term memory but little long term memory!

      Delete
    2. My husband at this point has very little short term memory and a fair amount of long term. Interesting thing, the brain...

      Delete
    3. Awww I’m sorry to hear that Donna- my dad was like that- almost no short term memory but really sharp long term!

      Delete
  3. My best friend from high school and me are Facebook friends and she brings up so many things we did together that I cannot recall yet I know she is relating things accurately. I have a pretty good memory for a lot of things so I'm not sure why I struggle with what was not a bad time of my life. A lot to think about with your post though!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now I’m happy to say I have a pretty good memory but it just makes me curious why some of these ordinary days stand out so much! Thanks Betty 😍

      Delete