Saturday, April 9, 2022

High Hopes

High hopes always makes me remember that cute song- you know the one about the little old ant- and the rubber tree plant

We used to make a Christmas family video- usually mostly pictures from the year before- my favorite part of the videos might have been selecting the music for them

And you guessed it - one year we used that song in the Christmas video! I’m not sure but I think it may have been the opening song!

I have always had a clear picture of that ant and have indeed wondered at that little bug’s tenacity 

I must admit I have pretty much always had a high hope sort of mentality- 

As a stay at home mom- most of that high hoping involved my husband and what exciting news he might bring when he walked in the door- from an outside world full of possibilities 

Some of you might recall the famous evangelist Oral Roberts- he would always end his program with - “ something good is going to happen to you”

And I believe that- 

True we have to look for them most times- we may even have to decide they are good things in the seemingly bad things

But if that little old ant can have the audacity to think he’s gonna move that rubber tree plant!— with all those huge creatures looming above him- ready and willing to snuff  him out at any given moment 

Then why can’t we believe in the impossible- endure the unendurable - all we gotta do is keep on having those high hopes!



6 comments:

  1. This is the third hope post i read today...goes to show we can all imbibe some hope ..hoping good things come ur way!

    Dropping by from a to z http://afshan-shaik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We surely can! Thanks so much for stopping by!😊

      Delete
  2. I read somewhere that you can live so many days without food, so many days without water, but not many days without hope. We always do have hope for better days ahead and we ultimately know we'll have great days ahead for all of eternity when it is our time to go Home.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. High Hopes always reminds me of the Pink Floyd song...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jMlFXouPk8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I’ll have to check that out! Interesting!

      Delete