Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Egg hunt

 Remember yesterday how I was talking about daydreams and how I didn’t have that many that come back to me over and over

This egg hunt doesn’t rise to the other levels but as I was thinking of E words and settled on Egg- this particular memory brought back feelings I don’t usually embrace with this day

My Sunday school teacher was having an Easter egg hunt at her house- she lived very near our church- for some reason she had decided I was her favorite pupil!

I recall knowing it was wrong as she lead me around to the prize eggs- but I was not about to refuse them-

But today as I was going back to that day - a new old feeling and fragrance and emotion hit me hard

Like I said- I was very special to her and she constantly showered me with beautiful gifts but none could rival the plastic dolls she dressed in the hugest tissue paper dresses I had ever seen- I don’t know how many she gave me but I know they sat regally on my bedroom dresser- 

As I thought about that egg hunt and the dolls- I had to wonder at the lofty visions it evoked in my recollection thank you unnamed Sunday school teacher 

6 comments:

  1. Were those dolls the ones that they used to crochet toilet paper cover dresses? I remember those in my grandmother's house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that sounds like the same ones! Such a fond memory ❤️

      Delete
  2. Were your parents concerned with the attention the teacher gave you? It would send red flags up in my mind with my kids, but maybe I'm a bit too cautious :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean but no we were close friends with all of her family- I think it was more acceptable to show favoritism back then🥰

    ReplyDelete