Thursday, April 21, 2022

Rushing

 I often find I rush through life- even dreading the process of routine chores - so rushing to start them to have them behind me! timing them and starting them way too early- 

As I write today- I will admit- I am writing ahead- I think some participants in this challenge may have their entire A to Z done ahead 

But when I started- I think 10 years ago- I took it literally- I sat each morning and wrote off the cuff- now mind you I still write off the cuff mostly 

I had told - almost promised myself this year would be different- I would resist the desire to get ahead or rush this yearly writing exercise 

It’s who I am- I’m planning the next family get together once the last one is successfully completed- I don’t really remember me being this way back in school 

I am most definitely not a procrastinator 

I think I may be getting a tad better- at least I’m ever more aware of my hurried attitude towards just about everything 

So as I write this post in advance - I’m hoping each day to stop and smell all the roses of life and linger where I need to

6 comments:

  1. Writing ahead helps to avoid the mad rush....i wrote many ahead this time atleast in draft stage so mayb am slow reading and refining .. however at times we can't avoid rush. All depends on how much is on our plate isn't it ? Good day



    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Some days do require a bit more planning! And honestly sometimes as I write ahead it’s because I get inspired!

      Delete
  2. I have pretty much always written ahead for the challenge. It is the only way I can survive getting through it lol. This weekend I will write the last 6 posts and have then ready for Monday. But I know what you mean. I tend to rush through stuff too. I think we need to slow down and savor the moment and enjoy it. Life, as you know it, really is so short.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. In realizing we have been married for now over 50 years, I feel I have def rushed our life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never too late to slow down- I definitely understand!

      Delete