Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Kill them with Kindness

 This saying always makes me think of the spider and the web thing- 

It’s true kindness can do a lot of good but why does one want to kill them with it!

It’s like the biblical reference- “heaping hot coals upon their heads”

Is it truly kindness if our goal is to murder them 

Of course I’m kidding- I actually do get this strange piece of life advice 

It is hard for someone that is your enemy or is upset with you- to stay that way if you are showing kindness and nice attention toward them 

And a similar thought- I’ve heard pastors say how it is impossible to hate someone that you continually pray for- 

Kindness seldom cost anything- and it pretty much does return to you- likely at an even greater level than one gives

Kindness can soften the hardest hearts 

When we extend what we deem undeserved kindness we are able to see the need in ourselves for the unconditional response of benevolence 

So hopefully when we give out kindness- our aim is not to obliterate our victim and when we receive it hopefully the dosage will be just right

4 comments:

  1. I like the phrase kill them with kindness but is it posbl to be kind all the time ?

    Very tough for me :(

    Good day - Dropping by from A to Z - https://afshan-shaik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it’s harder to be mean or at least keeping it up! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I've "killed" a few people with kindness and it is amazing how my attitude changed towards them and their attitude likewise changed towards me. Truly a little kindness does go a long way!

    betty

    ReplyDelete