Friday, April 22, 2022

Summer Rain

 You know that song by Johnny Rivers

It’s funny how much I love him and his music- truthfully I never cared too much - or maybe I should say I didn’t appreciate him back in my youth- like I do now

And that song touches my soul and heart now- as back in the day I could almost say I really didn’t like it at all

The changes in the song’s arrangement are pure genius and convey perfectly what I think he must have been saying 


There is a melancholy essence there- strongly revealing it’s self in raw emotion 

You can smell that summer rain - smelling the cut grass and sea saltiness of the ocean spray and tears

I’m glad I rediscovered this beautiful song



6 comments:

  1. I actually haven't heard this song before. Thanks for the intro!

    Ronel visiting for the A-Z Challenge My Languishing TBR: R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard it. Love it now. Thanks for sharing.
    Visiting from A-Z challenge
    - momandideas.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not heard of this song before but after I listened to it, I think you described it very well. Totally off topic but I hope we in Arizona get a lot of summer rain. We are about 2 inches below our annual rainfall for this time of year.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a good amount of summer rain too!!

      Delete