Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Wedding

I speak of Frank’s and my wedding- all the way back in the bicentennial year

I thought it might be fun to try and see if this post would allow me to think back on that amazing day and maybe take an honest although lighthearted look back

Of course being in August it was hot- I actually am saying that more of knowledge but with no real remembrance of being too hot or uncomfortable- you know I am assuming the church had ac at the time 

I wish I had recorded the music - as I didn’t hear much of the beforehand piano- or was it the organ- music 

My sister and my niece- who was under 2 - had taken a morning to meet with the lady who would play

I don’t think I can recall each one but here are a few

“What are you doing the rest of your life”- this one had gained popularity because of it being the theme song of a couple on a famous soap opera- I think it was Roger and Peggy but I’m not sure of the show 

“Feelings”- it was a big hit at that time

“ the Shadow of your Smile”

There were quite a few others

My brother in law Lewis sang 

I did record the ceremony but I’m not sure if it broke- but I can’t find it

I remember how my cake had fresh flowers on the top but they were the wrong color or one was- I don’t know how they got it mixed up as the same florist did my other flowers - I had picked pink and green but the cake had pink and blue 

I called them and got a big discount!

I remember the church was full 

As I write this I’m trying hard to not just jot down what I know but to let memories come back

Funny thing that comes back- one of our guests- she had been really Frank’s friend

Anyway she had cut off her long hair- I said to her “you cut your hair”- to which she exclaimed- “ no I had my neck stretched “ - as you can see it made an impression on me!

All in all I know I was extremely happy to be Mrs Frank Proctor 




2 comments:

  1. Sounded like a lovely day! I think all wedding days have mishaps of one or the other. Luckily yours was not too much with the different color of flowers for the cake. I keep meaning to pull out our wedding pictures to look at them but haven't yet. Might be nice to do so and jot down memories from that day. LOL, I had to remember what year the bicentennial was, but I eventually got it (1976).

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! My wedding, some 20 years later than yours, was also hot. It was July and we were in Jamaica and I would not have changed a thing about it.

    --
    Tim Brannan
    The Other Side | A to Z of Conspiracy Theories

    ReplyDelete