Friday, April 10, 2015

ice cream---and cake

I have always loved the idea of an ice cream social or just adding an ice cream bar to a party--

I remember my friend Sharon having us over for a Sunday afternoon ice cream social---it helps that she lives in a huge Victorian style house with a massive front porch---it was something out of a magazine----she had every topping imaginable and a beautiful sunny day too---

a couple of birthdays ago I decided to have an ice cream party with Frank's birthday celebration----yeah I didn't go fancy with the ice cream display but we sure had fun assembling the sundaes to everyone's liking-

best of all--my son Colin helped the kids get the ice cream out---that's the worst job----

one thing I learned---the fruit toppings could have been omitted and more gummy bears and worms would have been devoured----

next time I am gonna get way cuter bowls--




15 comments:

  1. Two of my favorite treats, especially when they're the same.

    Good luck with the 2015 A to Z Challenge!
    A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
    http://pensuasion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know/ only thing maybe better is an ice cream cake-- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! New follower here. Will definitely be back- I LOVE food!

    morgankatz505.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have Baskin Robbins gift cards. I think today we;ll use them.

    Stopping in from A to Z and thanks for the continued participation!

    Stephen Tremp
    A to Z Co-host
    Twitter: @StephenTremp

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stephen -lucky you!!-they have the best ice cream cakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always fun to make your own sundae at an ice cream party like this. I know, it is so hard to get ice cream out. I usually set the container out for 15-20 minutes to let it soften a bit.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could have soft serve Betty :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. It really was a good time Ruth -I just love doing stuff like that-kinda my thing :)

      Delete
  9. Go ice cream, go! I love it! It's my go to comfort food, that and wine! :)

    Looks like it was a fun party!

    Sent with smiles, Jenny, Pearson Report
    2015 A to Z Challenge Ambassador
    @PearsonReport

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite comforting but as much as I like it/there are few kinds I like-

      Delete
  10. Eating is really one of my hobby i mean part of my life and cooking is my passion. I also love going to a place and at the same time taste their delicious and most wanted food.I want to taste something that is new to my palate. Thanks for sharing your article with us.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


    edupdf.org

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reading your article is such a privilege. It does inspire me, I hope that you can share more positive thoughts. Visit my site too. The link is posted below.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete