Thursday, April 30, 2015

Zest----through your life

everything you do---do it with your own spin on it---do it with love ---do it with Zest---

whether it's a casual night at home or an important anniversary of some sort-----plan it---enjoy it---put some Zeal in it!

create what you don't have----don't be afraid to add a little something something---change it up---make it one of a kind---your kind-

keep em guessing---what's she gonna serve this time----

I smile as I recall one of my grandsons saying to me---"on the way over here--we were all guessing what nanny would have----and we all decided---it would be pizza or some weirdo casserole"----

yes sometimes we may disappoint we may not please everyone---but hey----you gotta get in there and try---

so I keep planning and dreaming---of having that once a month Sunday dinner----that occasional Saturday morning family brunch----so many ways to bring people together---

I hope you have enjoyed my theme this year and maybe just maybe I have nudged you into a little more food thought-----cause who knows----if you make it---they just might come!!!

14 comments:

  1. I was expecting lemon or lime zest. But, zest for life is good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very rare to have anyone over to eat, they all like their own cooking... and I don't blame them. I'd much rather go to their house to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it is good to have someone else cook-isn't it!!:)

      Delete
  3. He'll be telling his wife one day about those weirdo casseroles. Instead he will be talking about how nobody can make as good a casserole as nanna. lol I loved the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann-yeah that's part of what I want to leave with my grandkids / the same great memories I have of my grandmothers :)

      Delete
  4. You've brought back some memories of my past in the south with your recipes. I'm sure everything you make is tasty. We called my mom Nanny too, since hub's mom wanted to be Nana. Congrats on finishing this year's A to Z, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww I'm glad to hear this-my mom was nana -congrats with the challenge finish to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute what the grand kids say; do they eat your "weirdo" casseroles? Congrats on finishing the challenge! Cute theme you had here; anything with food is always special to my heart!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah this was fun this year wasn't it Betty! And heck no they won't touch it if they deem it a weirdo casserole! Congrats to you too/ great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like what your grandkids had to say...sweet! I change things up here and there. :) Hubby usually cooks and I'm so glad!
    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha yeah they are sweet and pretty amusing -cool that your husband likes to cook - frank can cook pretty well- now clean up- not so good- thanks Marie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! Look at you! I love this pic of you, Lynn. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Suze!!! Thanks - it was a few pounds and years ago-coming over to visit you-I haven't done the challenge right this year- not reading others enough- lots going on- but I really enjoyed participating this go round- hope things are well with you!:)

      Delete