Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Ordering through the drive-thru

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

I really do not like to order through the drive thru
I don't know exactly why I am weird about this common occurrence but it kinda sets me on edge

This one time Robyn and I pull up to get our order- and then I hear those dreaded words "could you pull over in that space and we'll bring your order out in a minute"

I tell her no I won't- that I'm sorry but I don't do that

She stares at me with sincere wonderment

Then I just go ahead and share with her - that it freaks me out

Whatever item we were supposed to wait on- that had brought this uncomfortable exchange in the first place-- suddenly was in the cashier's hands-- she -averting my face quickly offers me a "have a nice day ma'am"

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband doesn't like to do big orders through the drive through so if all of us were in the car, we all would have to individually order which would make sometimes the cashiers not hear us depending on where we were in the vehicle. Me, I could balance 5 kids orders and get it right. Nowadays I really like online ordering and then picking it up :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. the only item I am willing to wait for is a freshly made decaf coffee. They always have to brew another batch just for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I avoid the drive-thru because I'm short and can never reach things! LOL!

    DB McNicol, author
    A to Z Microfiction: Onion

    ReplyDelete