Monday, April 29, 2019

Yearning

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Although the definition lends itself to something you long for -- when I hear the word I think of a painful almost regretful feeling

I guess it is a longing to change things in the past and intense desire for something in the present or future

To me it doesn't sound hopeful but woeful--- like a bitter memory or experience

For sure there is passion behind some yearnings but I tend to see and feel an emptiness - a forlorn look back

Yearning represents the aching to go back - to change that result or to reach out and grab that lost opportunity

I'm not sure why I envision the past with the word yearning - it just seems to scream loss to me

3 comments:

  1. You did a great definition of yearning. I yearn a lot these days to go back to when my kids were younger.

    One more day of the challenge!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand! Thank you so much for reading and commenting Betty-- i wish i had been able to figure out why i am not able to comment on other blogs!

      Delete