Thursday, April 11, 2019

the Jars

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

I bought these 3 small glass jars from the dollar store-- probably at least 3 or 4 years ago

They have come to represent the changing seasons and holidays as I fill them with different candies

Right now there are brightly colored jelly beans in them - last year the jelly beans were light pastel colors- they are replacing the conversation hearts from Valentine's day
Next year I might try and find some cute St. Patrick's day candies-- I thought this year about filling them with lucky charms!

At Christmas they have held chocolate balls- peppermints- or other holiday treats

Fall brings on the candy corn of course

Soon the jelly beans will be tossed and darling little gummy watermelon slices will adorn the cute containers

It's a little thing for sure but an enjoyable one for me

Every once in a while they are even tasted but mostly they're just there reminding us of the sweetness each season brings





13 comments:

  1. Great choices. Keep the jelly beans, though. They can go with every season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But then I wouldn't have the fun of changing them up -- thanks Susan ๐Ÿ˜

      Delete
  2. Delightful post! I need delightful right now --and usually. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice idea! That would be an awful temptation not to eat them all, though! Especially for my husband! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm always surprised when I go to change them out- they're almost all still There -- only ones that get sampled pretty well are the gummy watermelon slices ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  4. That's a cute idea! So colorful too with each season! We have a glass sleigh that we bring out at Christmas and fill with either peanut M&M's or other delights but since hubby and me lost the weight we did last year, we didn't get it out last year and didn't really miss it. Having temptation around in those jars, especially if I liked the candy, would be hard to resist :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah most of it doesn't tempt me- now if those peanut m&ms were in there Frank would not resist๐Ÿคฃ

      Delete
  5. I love that but wouldn't have been able to resist munching on them. LOL! But I love the jars....

    DB McNicol, author
    Microfiction: Jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynn, I've enjoyed looking down your posts -- great idea with the jars and candies. I try that -- but the candies get eaten! What's your secret?!

    Thanks for coming over to Marmelade Gypsy and leaving such a nice comment. It was nice "meeting" you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete