Monday, April 8, 2019

the Grocery store dream

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge
About 20 or 25 years ago I starting having this reoccurring dream

I was maybe 1 or 2 years old - my daddy was holding me -- we were in a grocery store

I recognized the building -- it was the "annex" building on our church's property
Our church had used this building for Sunday school classes and a coffee house through the years- it's now being used as a day care

In the dream there was lots and lots of fresh vegetables- so many choices and vibrant colors
The wooden container racks were stadium level displays

As I continued to have this dream- I started to figure it had some biblical meaning of sorts- something like "the fields are ripe for harvest "

In the dream it was always only my father and I so that furthered my assumption of the dream having a spiritual message

After years of continuing to dream the same dream- almost weekly-- I mentioned the dream to my dad

He tells me that indeed the "annex" building had once been a grocery store

He says he never had been in it

He and I both determined I could have had no knowledge of the small food market

I still believe the dream had a certain message for me or someone-- funny thing is that ever since discussing the dream with my dad I have never had the dream again

6 comments:

  1. That is interesting. Have you ever looked into dream interpretation? I don't take much stock in them but just the fact that you hadn't known it was a store before you talked with your dad, that makes me really wonder about it and what, if any, the meaning could be.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have looked into dream interpretation a little-- I definitely believe dreams can have meanings-- hope you have a good week 😊

      Delete
  2. That is so interesting! It's amazing how the brain works! So much we don't understand about how we are created!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It Is an amazing organ for sure- a lot of mystery there- thanks!

      Delete
  3. I recently had a dream that felt significant. So much so that I shared it with the person who was featured and she shared with me another friend also had a dream about the same thing, different dream but felt similar in significance. I've never really experienced anything like it. I normally don't remember my dreams or if I do once I view them in the clear light of day they seem silly. This one has really stayed with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so intriguing- please let me know if it proves to have a particular meaning!

      Delete