Tuesday, April 9, 2019

the Ham dilemma

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge
If you have followed me through the years or just know me- you may be aware of my love hate thing I have going with food
Some of the problem could be deeper haha but today I'm referring to my indecision and countless lists concerning my Easter menu

One of the issues is that I really wanted to have ham-- i don't know it just seems to be the meat to have

I'll also be having  chicken too- but some people coming won't eat chicken

Anyway the dilemma with the ham is this -- I'm ordering the food-- I used to cook it all but for the last few years I don't!

I haven't been able to find ham - like a whole ham or spiral ham- hot and ready to serve-- it's hard to get the ham heated back up in time for lunch- and I'm already having lunch later

I thought about ham biscuits---

I sure hope no one that's coming will read my blog today-- I think I'm pretty safe there

I like my menu to be somewhat of a surprise

I can almost hear my reader thinking- "Wow this lady has a lot to worry about"

Menus and mantles are what I obsess about when I'm not worrying about important things-- like a necessary diversion

What do you have for Easter dinner-- don't worry I won't tell anyone

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a honey baked ham company by you? I don't know if they have ham ready like the ham you want. I also know some of the local stores here prepare a meal with all the fixings they put in it, but I do think you have to heat it up. I did read somewhere about putting a ham in a crock pot (of course that would depend on the size of the ham and the size of a crock pot). I was thinking a similar thing for a meal for Christmas with ham and how to have it ready in time. We went simple though with a roast.

    I'm not sure what we are doing on Easter yet. It may be just the two of us, hubby and me, or there may be some family involved. I think it will be simple whatever it is. You never know in Phoenix what the weather will be this time of year. I don't want to put a turkey in the oven or anything else that will need to cook for a bit and then find it is a 100 degree day outside.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That's another reason I don't want to have to heat it- makes the house too hot-- don't tell anyone but I ordered bbq 😉

      Delete