Monday, April 22, 2019

Sandwiches

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

I love sandwiches- I probably prefer them to just about any fancy meal

I recall as a child my mother used to make us olive spread sandwiches- I don't think they still make it

We also enjoyed sandwich spread ones- if you don't know - it's just mayo with sweet pickle

One of my favorite ones is a good old tomato sandwich - wirh mayo and salt- maybe a bit of pepper

There's nothing better than a peanut butter and banana sandwich or with honey

One of my childhood friends used to eat peanut butter and hersey chocolate bar sandwiches

You can't beat a grilled cheese in my book- and recently I've discovered I like them better with mayo

That reminds me-- tuna! - it's great with the mayo and sweet relish of course but ever tried it with onion and celery with fresh lemon juice?

There used to be this sub shop when I was a teenager-- they had the most amazing "just cheese" subs-- it was heated-- and that sauce-- never knew what was in it

What can I say-- I'm a girl of simple tastes

6 comments:

  1. Sandwiches are my saviours especially when I dont want to cook! Two slices of bread and some cheese can turn any leftovers to a yummy meal! Thoroughly enjoyed your post :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yoy onow i hadn't really thought of the leftover possibilities of sandwiches!! Thaks😃

      Delete
  2. I like sandwiches too! So simply delicious! One summer growing up we had a lot of sandwiches that were toasted wheat bread, mayo, pickles, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. So yummy! I wish tuna agreed with my stomach because I miss eating it.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow- thats too bad abouttuna and your stomach-- btw I'm still not able to post comments on any blogs!

      Delete
  3. I remember sandwich spread and olive spread (assuming you mean the cream cheese one). I make my own cream cheese now, perfect for our low carb diet. I eat a spoonful from time to time as a treat. Yum!!

    Tomato sandwiches on gushy white bread with mayo (although we grew up with Miracle Whip) and salt. Still a delicious sandwich. Hubby had never had one!

    Oh, and my take on sandwich for A-Z was a bit different.

    DB McNicol, author
    A to Z Microfiction: Sandwich

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cream cheese olive spread sounds awesome- but our's wasn't that kind-- im sorry i have been unable for some unknown reason to comment on people's blogs

      Delete