Thursday, April 25, 2019

Vaccines

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge


Okay don't get nervous-- I will admit I have not been a huge fan of them at times

Now I'm not an anti vax proponent but I'm not unagreeable to listening to the other side- and have studied much concerning this huge subject through the years

Several of my children were unable to receive certain vaccins due to their neurological conditions

But the leariness and cautious approach started with my healthy first born

He was just a couple of months old-- his dr checkup included his first inoculation--

That night he ran an extremely high fever

Also that night the national news was a buzz with a horrible story
Seems the exact vaccine that my son had gotten was responsible for sick babies and as I can recall at least 1 or 2 deaths

Some of the supply had been tainted-- I was frantic-- his pediatrician assured me his vial could not have been affected

So I'm sure this rude awakening to error and the times of purposeful tampering of all kinds of meds and foods fed my fears and encouraged my many questions through these years

2 comments:

  1. I vaccinated the kids but did worry about side effects. I could "handle" the fevers because I would premedicate them with Tylenol before we went to get the shot, but the other ones worried me like the potential link between one of the shots and autism (I'm not sure if that's been disproven, its been years since my kids got their shots). However, I did carefully watch for any signs of anything after the grandson got all his shots.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say theyhave proven no link to autism with the mmr vaccine-- the other side still disputes that finding i believe--my grandson got it though😃

      Delete