Friday, April 12, 2019

the Kool-Aid house

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

As our kids grew up our house became the proverbial "Kool-Aid " house

We were pretty particular about where we would allow them to go-- preferring to let any and all gather at our place

There were lots of parties and special times but mostly an open door policy for a place to simply hang out or a sleepover

I tried to keep our kitchen stocked with cheap cookies chips and other tasty snacks--- the fridge held almost everyone's favorite -- frozen burritos-- a second close was anything "little debbie"

It was a small price for the happiness they all seemed to have during those all too quick to pass times

Even now if one of those childhood boys now men see my husband in the yard -- you can hear a loud "Franko"- as they still affectionately call him

Funny thing is -- I don't ever remember serving them Kool-Aid

7 comments:

  1. We were the same too with our house, though I too didn't serve Kool-Aid but had juice and then soda when the kids grew. I liked having the kids around and I could hear what they were up to or planning by taking them places and being so very quiet in the van while they talked away, LOL.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents' house was always like that when I was growing up and way beyond. My mom loved company. I remember having a lot of Kool-Aid in the sixties, but not so much after that.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My house growing up was not like that-- although I think we had our share of kool-aid- we did have a fair amount of play outside our house

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete