Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Enough?

"Enough is enough and too much stinks"- my mother used to say this- I was never quite sure what she meant by this strange saying-

I guess enough is highly objective if not impossible to define in some situations

Is 2million enough- 3kids enough- 2 second chances to someone enough

And could it possibly be that the portion of cheesecake according to serving size be enough

Remember you can't get enough of a good thing- now that makes me really ponder my mother's dear saying

Do we ever have enough time- I guess sometimes we feel we do- do we ever have enough time with love one's

Now that stinking part- okay maybe with fish and house guests-
But not enough sunny days- not enough fond memories- not ever enough stories or quaint phrases to recall one's mother saying-- happy birthday mother-
                   My mother and me

11 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture! I often say enough is enough is enough, but then I'm not sure why I say it :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comment by your mother sure sounds like southern wisdom to me. . .just dropping by during the A to Z. My family had lots of sayings like that. When is enough enough? It depends on what it is. Never enough family love, never enough good memories. But money? That answer would vary by each person you asked. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes many answers to that one- hope you're doing well!

      Delete
  3. I always thought of it as if you had had it. Enough is enough and you can't take anymore of what is aggravating you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great "E" topic. As my mom used to say, "Enough, already! Alright?"I knew exactly what she meant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wise parents--may you be like them. And that photo is darn precious.

    ReplyDelete