Friday, April 15, 2016

Mercy

"With what mercy you show you will be shown"

The bible tells us this
And that people that realize they have much to be forgiven for will be the most grateful

Is offering mercy to others a challenge for you

As a believer of Jesus Christ I know the ability to show mercy comes from my understanding Jesus's great sacrifice for me

As a mother I sometimes think God puts that gift of mercy towards others in our mother's heart- for our children first and it grows outward from that point on

We are a society of justice and laws- often mercy has no place in our responsibility to the greater good of the whole

Each day though we can choose mercy in simple circumstances-

If we view others as our children then we are more likely to feel the desire to show mercy

We know that God is a just God - but people seem to not be as knowledgeable of God's constant mercies

I guess if as mothers we saw everyone as we did our own children then mercy would rule the hearts of the world



6 comments:

  1. I have a lot of empathy and I guess merciful. My husband thinks too much sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just thankful God is so merciful!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes for me, showing "mercy" is learning to let go of a grudge. But to protect myself, I've also learned it's best to avoid certain people who cause problems.

    ReplyDelete