Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Kindness

Kindness may be letting someone go ahead of you in the grocery line

Maybe sending someone a card- or cutting your neighbor's grass

Kindness is rarer than you might think-a dying art perhaps

Now there are people who say there is always an abundance of kindness- you just have to notice it

I think we see the lack of kindness when we are being kind- it's not that we may be doing something to be appreciated for it- but reality is reality-

If you find yourself tired of well doing - know that there is an unlimited number of people that would love and welcome any kindness- so find them

Like the bible says-- "do not return evil for evil"--- and also "don't call evil good or good evil"--

In purity of spirit we would not recognize the lack of kindness or the empty response to ours

While in this world we will surely accept kindnesses without a thought and fail to render the smallest benevolence

After all we are in a self contained me machine - one that seeks for the most part of it's lonely needy journey -  comfort at any cost -constantly measuring each kindness


13 comments:

  1. As long as I'm kind with a good heart, it doesn't matter whether or not it is noticed. I notice it when it's given to me and that's important. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true. Sometimes an acknowledgement is nice, even if you didn't do it to get a thank you. A couple years ago I went with my niece and her husband when she had to go a fetal center in Ohio due to complications with her unborn twins. They shouldn't have to be alone through that. I didn't want a thank you, but my sister didn't even acknowledge it. To me or when my niece said I was going. I guess she just got quiet and not a word was said.
    Good song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it just makes you wonder sometimes huh- glad you liked the song too!

      Delete
    2. Yeah it just makes you wonder sometimes huh- glad you liked the song too!

      Delete
  3. This world needs more kindness. It's really not that hard to demonstrate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of that song (or thought of it) in a long time :)

    It truly is 'easy' to be kind; it just takes awareness of others around you. So many people are so "me" oriented, they forget there are other people on the planet. I'm constantly looking out to see how I can be kind to people (and it took practice to do so), to help an older person take back their cart to the store, to let others ahead of me in line if they have only a few items, etc. But it is an art that has to be mastered if it doesn't come easily to some

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I go out of my way to do little acts of kindness for others (not to be noticed or for a thank you), much like what Betty said, I will help an elderly person with groceries, alway let the car in front of me get over, offer up the change when someone is digging for .33 cents in their purse. Just little things that are nothing really. They don't cost me anything. They actually make me feel good and my kids are learning what it means to be kind and now they immediately recognize it when someone else is driving them in a car and they refuse to let someone get in front of them, even after motioning for the driver's attention and asking politely. They notice Road rage or when people won't let a mom with four kids cut in the grocery line and it bothers my kids as it should and I'm proud I've raised them to want to offer kindness to others. I enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Kindness could stop violence sometimes

      Delete
  6. Lynn, how have you been? I am reminded about how important kindness is when I come across someone who is being unkind and unpleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "You will never regret being kind, but will regret being mean." Every year with a new class, I repeated this.

    ReplyDelete