Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Push

To push or not to push-

I think I probably should admit right off that as a parent I have tended to go the route of not pushing my kids

I recall telling my children more than once- If you are really stressing out about something- ask yourself- am I just afraid- do I want to do whatever it is- do I have to do it- and how do you think you might feel later if you choose not to do something

I figure- there is so much we have to do and so much we have no choice in - that fretting about all of it just becomes too much for kids and adults!

So there is a time to push and a time for me to try and see the greater picture

I mean ya gotta push em out of the bed sometimes- to clean- etc etc

Pushing too much can cause insecurity and fear- sometimes knowing you don't have to do something can push you right past the fear-



11 comments:

  1. Wise mom! Knowing when to push and when to let them figure it out is a delicate balance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tended to push on things I thought they were capable of doing and might be reluctant to do. I didn't push if I knew it was something they had no interest or motivation in and were downright afraid of.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a fine line we walk as parents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parents face so many challenges in raising children. If they push too hard, it can hurt but if they don't push hard enough, it can hurt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I encourage, but not push. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't much of a pusher either... or at least I did't think I was... my kids might disagree

    ReplyDelete