Monday, April 25, 2016

Unity

Once again the older I get the more I appreciate unity-- of course there are things in this life that will do their best to prevent unity at any cost

Jesus said "For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother"

As Christians we should be a light to the world bringing unity where at all possible-- I think what Jesus was saying was that our belief in him would be a lightening rod for conflict-- the Bible also tells us "if at all possible live peaceably with all men"

Unity doesn't mean we have to agree but human respect should lead us to the desire of unity

I guess when you're looking at life closer to the end than the beginning the tug of peace pulls stronger


10 comments:

  1. I do believe that faith should bring people together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith provides a new understanding of unity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've learned unity (and keeping my mouth shut) as I have grown older (and perhaps wiser :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I've learned that keeping my mouth shut too - at least more often

      Delete
  4. Especially during election time, it's important that we learn to respect people's opinions.

    ReplyDelete